On May 2, 2019, Northwestern National Insurance Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (“NNIC”) was placed in liquidation by the circuit court of Dane County, Wisconsin in Case No. 2019CV001209. The order appoints Commissioner Mark Afable and his successors in office or any of his delegees, as liquidator (“Liquidator”) and Amy J. Malm as Special Deputy Liquidator.
POLICY ISSUES: Policies issued by NNIC will be canceled on the earliest of the following dates:
- The elapse of 15 days from the date of entry of the liquidation order;
- The normal date for the expiration of coverage;
- The date when the insured has replaced the insurance coverage with equivalent insurance in another insurer; or
- The date when the Liquidator has effected a transfer of the policy obligations pursuant to § 645.46(8).
CLAIMS BAR DATE (the last date on which a claim may be filed): November 2, 2019.
Claim submissions should continue to be sent to:
Special Deputy Liquidator
Northwestern National Insurance Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
P.O. Box 7873
Madison, WI 53707-7873
Policyholders with questions about coverage should contact their state guarantee fund:
- Property & Casualty (including workers compensation): National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds
- Life, Accident & Health: National Organization of Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Associations
Questions regarding the liquidation can be emailed to email@example.com